Monday 22 November 2010

My week

I've had an interesting week this week and thought I'd share with you some of my learning experiences -

Good things that happened -
  • Mum decorated the house and put another sofa in the living room. Now I have my very own sofa, and they still think it's cute when I bark at other people that sit on it
  • I ate my first turkey jumbone of the year. They're amazing. I even hid it down the side of my new sofa so I could save it for later
  • I went to a new beach and it had lots of sand, rocks for me to climb on, and enough space that no other dogs stole my ball. I hope we go there again. I played in the sea and I didn't get told off because I didn't get muddy. I would have liked to have got muddy, but it is nice not to be told off.
  • I met a new friend called Honey. She lives near me and she even looks like me. She is a tiny bit older than me and doesn't like it when I steal her ball or sniff her too much, but I think we will be friends.
Bad things that happened -
  • I have an ear infection and I have to have ear drops. They feel funny and cold in my ears and I don't like it. I don't mind my ear infection but apparently humans don't like smelling my cheesy ears. I don't know why not, it's not like I complain about their cheesy feet.
  • I wasn't allowed to have my lead off by the canal. Mum says it's too cold to swim and although I told her I wouldn't swim, she doesn't believe me. She says I have no willpower. That's not true, I would only swim if I saw a moor hen. Or maybe a small duck. Ok she might be right about not having will power. But I'm a spaniel, it's not my fault.
  • The hoover scared me a lot this week. I shredded a few tennis balls, I really didn't mean to, and they got the big scary hoover out to punish me. I said I was sorry the first time!
Things I learnt -
  • Agility tunnels are not scary. They sometimes even have sausage inside them, and anything that has sausage in it is not scary.
  • Kong squeaky tennis balls come in giant sizes. They are amazing. I have one and it hardly fits in my mouth! I am trying very hard not to eat it because I love it so much, but I think I might have to soon.
  • When mum says no, sometimes I should listen. I tried to come in to the spare bedroom and she said no. I came in anyway and walked near the wall. Mum was painting and I spent a day with a blue bottom. She was cross and wouldn't clean me because it was my own fault. Next time she says no, I might even listen to her.
  • When I stand on a stool with two front legs in agility class I get a treat. Next week I will put all my paws on it and see if I get better treats. I can't believe it took me six weeks to learn this, I should have watched Alfie and Meg sooner and I would have got more treats.
All in all it has been a very exciting week. I must be off as I have just spotted a fantastic leaflet on the floor that I need to shred, it has pictures of a pizza on it and I am hoping it smells of pizza too.

Lots of love
Poppy xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home