Tuesday 6 September 2011

Sad field day, happy beach day

Mum and dad are on those things they call holidays again, which mean they don't go to work, and they spend lots and lots of time with me and Fly. I'm a big fan of holidays. If it were up to me mum and dad would never go back to work. But apparently unless they win a thing called a lottery that won't happen. And I've never seen them buy a ticket so I think it may be back to work for them at some point.

We've been having some really fab walks because after a lot of boring training on a very very long lead I am now trusted to go off lead again in a few places. We have an amazing field right by our house, and dad has been taking me over there every day with a ball which he throws. Balls are my favourite things in the whole world. I come back every time now, and mum and dad are so proud of me. I especially love a squeaky ball.
I did get a very big shock today though. We went over to our field and at the gate mum and dad took our leads off. When we went through they started throwing the ball and I chased it while Fly chased me (she's a bit weird that one!) and everything was going well. Until we walked further up the hill. Suddenly as I chased my ball I came face to face with a cow! And I don't think the cow was impressed. As it was bigger than me I ran back quickly and mum and dad said we needed to leave the field because you're not allowed to run around in fields with cows in case you scare them. I can't believe they put cows in the field. I know the field belongs to the farmer but it still isn't fair.
So we walked to another field and there were cows there too. By now I was getting quite upset. There was even talk that we might do a road walk instead. Road walks are ok but nowhere near as good as an offlead ball chase. And then an amazing thing happened. We went to the beach! I really really love the beach. And even better, the tide was right in. I was a little sad because mum said the waves were too high and the sea was too cold for me to swim, but I still paddled and did lots of ball chasing. And I learnt that if I stand in shallow water Fly can't get me. She's a silly sprollie who is scared of water. Imagine being scared of water, how silly!
I chased and ran and played for ages, and now I'm a tired spaniel with a sandy belly. I hope we go back to the beach again soon especially if those pesky cows carry on living in 'my' field.
Lots of love
Poppy xxx

2 Comments:

At 6 September 2011 at 16:02 , Blogger Donna said...

Hi! I'm glad you got to go to the beach. :)

 
At 7 September 2011 at 14:24 , Blogger Poppy said...

So am I, I love the beach! Sand, water and tennis balls, nothing can be better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home