Friday 20 May 2011

Great day out for Dad's birthday


Muddiest Spaniel ever

It's my Dad's birthday today. I've been forbidden from saying how old he is. But him and mum took us on a great doggy walk today, we went to my favourite ever beach, where Fly has never been before. It was great to have my sister there to scamp around with.
We did some amazing chasing of birds. We found we're quite a good team, because I flush them and Fly herds them. I can't understand why Collie types (Fly is half Springer, but acts like a Collie) and Spaniels don't work together more often. Mum says she can, it's because together we're harder work than when we're apart. Honestly, the cheek of her!

I love playing with my sister dog

Our bird chasing really tired us out, we chased every bird on the beach. Mostly they were big black birds but we also chased some gulls and some tiny sparrows. We got so muddy that we looked like brown dogs. Getting muddy is great. Although I am finding it slightly uncomfortable now that it's dried and although mum gave me a good brush there is still a little bit on my nose. It's itchy.

A tired, muddy nosed and very happy Pop

After our run, we went to a cafe and me and Fly were allowed to be at the table. I had my ball to play with so that I wouldn't bark at food. Then the best thing ever happened. The waitress brought our food out and there was a lovely sausage on it's own plate just for me and Fly. It was a great sausage.
I wish Dad could have birthdays every day.

Lots of love
Poppy xxx

3 Comments:

At 22 May 2011 at 09:12 , Blogger Bailey Be Good! said...

I love chasing things! Especially bully cats in our neighborhood. This morning I was lounging by the back sliding door, and a bully cat ran across my backyard! It makes me crazy!

Happy Birthday to your daddy!

Happy Sunday woofs & hugs,

~Bailey

 
At 22 May 2011 at 17:28 , Blogger Art and Sew Forth said...

What a fun outing! And a sausage - now that's the life! Oh - and happy birthday to dad!

 
At 26 May 2011 at 10:47 , Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Hi there Poppy! Nice to meet you. And thank you for dropping my blog & becoming my new follower. Happy Birthday to your dad!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home