Monday 21 February 2011

Cone collars make great weapons

I'm feeling so much better today. I have just got back from seeing the vet again and she has said that I'm healing nicely and that unless I do something silly and split my wound open I won't have to go and see her again. Mum says I'm a clumsy doggy though so it's likely I will have to go back again. I resent that. I didn't split my stitches because I was clumsy, it happened because I was trying to wash myself.
My sad doggy look
I still have to wear my cone for another week as I know I can't stop myself licking my wound, I just don't have that level of self control. I really don't mind though, the cone has its uses. Here are my favourite things about the cone.
I get a lot of sympathy from everyone, I've perfected my sad puppy look and it makes mum and dad feel sorry for me and give me cuddles and treats.
I can save food in it for later. Mum thinks this habit is disgusting but it means that I can save tasty treats for when I get really hungry.
I get hand fed all my meals. Technically I could eat out of my normal bowl, but mum doesn't know this, so she feeds me really tasty food from a saucer that she holds because she doesn't think I can reach a bowl on the floor. This makes me feel special.
I get to sit on the front seat of the car as I don't fit in the crate. This gives me a great view of the world going by.
Big doggy yawn. Wearing a cone is exhausting.
My favourite thing of all is that cones make great battering rams. I can charge past Fly and knock her over with my collar, and I don't get told off because mum and dad say it's not my fault. If I see other dogs at the park that I'm not keen on I can headbutt them. And I can barge people out of the way to get to whichever spot I want to sit on on the sofa, and once I get there no-one wants to move me because they feel sorry for me.
I think the collar comes off next Monday and mum and dad have promised they will take me to the beach when it's off so I think I will make the most of it this week while looking forwards to Monday.
Lots of love
Poppy xxx

4 Comments:

At 21 February 2011 at 11:01 , Blogger Isaac the wonder schnauzer said...

Poppy, sounds like you're having a bit a laugh with your cone.... Looks like it too in your last pic!

 
At 22 February 2011 at 01:19 , Blogger sarah said...

Positive thoughts about the cone...? I had to put one on last week 'cos I kept on licking my skin, and a red lump formed on it. Mum forced me to wear the cone (AKA lampshade). Now that i think about, using it to headbutt people is a really fun thing to do...especially if you sneak up behind someone and...HEADBUTT!!!

 
At 22 February 2011 at 08:13 , Blogger Poppy said...

Headbutting the backs of people's legs as they walk downstairs is especially fun. Make sure you always look at them afterwards with sad eyes, so they know that it wouldn't have happened if they hadn't made you wear the cone.

 
At 5 March 2011 at 13:24 , Blogger 1in4 black dog said...

My mummy did that spay thing to us as well.

I was really upset the first night home and mummy slept downstairs with me, as for Tess she slept for 2 days straight!

The only problem I had was constipation - I didn't even wear a cone as my vet used special reversed stitches.

Seeing as Mollys are like Tiggers and love to bounce - I kept getting put in my crate :(

Hope the false pregnancy goes away soon - I've had those, not nice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home